Wednesday 14 March 2012

All aboard the Send Train!

Just a quick update after Labour Day weekend - probably one of the best weekends I have had climbing!!

Started off awesomely with a no-warm up, first shot repeat of the super classic Mr Fox (V7) at Andersens... Next up was an epic onsight of Transcience (V6) which turned out to be easier than I thought, but it has some serious height to it, so needed a while mid problem to calm the heart down.. Best of all was a pretty quick send of a long term project - Rise of the Machines (V7).. I almost flashed it when I first tried it, but since then have been twarted on the last hard move.. This time I took a couple of attempts to remember my beta then sent it solidly!! So stoked! Finished off the day with 808 State (V5 @ Andersens) as well as repeats of Minus (V4) and Connection (V6) at Campground.]

Day 2 - Aden, Josh and I (aka the Send Train) decided to check out Ground Control and Caves Club - super rad areas full of classics!! I got my ass handed to me on Donald (a V3!!! #$%@#!!) and attempted I Feel So Holy (V6) but got shut down.. Tiredness, soreness and weakness means that will have to wait til later.. We then dropped down into Middle Cave and attempted Lonely Hearts Club and almost came away with the tick, but a super burly gaston move meant I couldnt finish it off - bummer! We also checked out the V8 extension: Rota-Loo.. Aden had a couple of burns and came so close to getting the tick, but again the gaston move shut us down.. We will be back!!

To finish off the day, we ended up at Caves Club where I managed to send the SUPER classic Affenschaukel (V5) with some rad kneebars! Aden proceeded to flash Full Cream (V6), and I quickly did the same, before Josh sent his first V4, Skim Milk... Aden then sent Whipped Cream (the V7 variant to Full Cream) in a few goes, but alas I couldnt pull off a send as well with my skin and muscles wasted - came close though so should go next time we are up there.

Next trip will be Easter where I am hoping to get 3 days away - Snakepit is high on the agenda so I can attempt Waiting in the Air (V7), Attack of the Killer Drop Bears (V6) and Volume 1000 a rad looking highball V4, as well as Andersens to clean up The Shield (V6), Discovery (V6), Platinum Flow (V5) and dare I say it Puppet Master (V6) and Mr Knox (V7)

My short term (next 4 weeks) goals are:
Platinum Flow V5
Transcience V6 (Onsight 11 March)Puppet Master V6
The Shield V6
Discovery V6
Rise of the Machines V7 (Redpoint 11 March)


Mid term goals (by end of June)
Affenschaukel V5 (Redpoint 11 March)
Captain Tonelli V5
Master Bates V5
808 State V5 (Redpoint 11 March)
Maple V5
Swedish Meatballs V5
Sick Nutter V5
Nice Max V5
I Feel So Holy V6
Fallen Cow V6
Drowning DiCaprio V6
Full Cream V6 (Flash 12 March)

Gay Hip Flexor V7
Grand Discovery V7
Mr Knox V7
Whipped Cream V7
Happy Camper Traverse V8/9
Cave Man V9

6 month goals (by start of September)
French Toast V7
Flash Gordon V7
Waiting in the Air V7
Attack of the Killer Drop Bears V6
Tim Tam Traverse V7
Aphrodite V7
Hot Henry V8
Left el Westwood V8
Da Lai Lahmung V8
Gourmet Cats V8
American Dream V8


PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYCHED!!!!

- Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment