Thursday 23 February 2012

Very happy!

I'm really enjoying climbing right now, and it hasn't felt this amazing in a long time. I'm not sure what has made this happen, but I would like to think that all these positive thoughts I have been putting through my head and using my brain more while climbing has made a difference.


It was a quiet night at the gym tonight and I rocked up with not a lot of psych, but after pulling out the skipping rope and getting the blood pumping that seemed to change heaps. Did some stretches for about 10 minutes, then jumped onto an easy traverse working up to some hardish moves.


I wasn't really planning on climbing hard tonight and I definitely wouldn't call it training, but I was just focused on being calm and clear minded while climbing. Deep breaths before climbing while looking over the sequence in my head a couple of times, lots of steady breathing during a climb and loud enough so I could hear myself breathe. 


I'm happy it's all sinking in and doing what I was hoping it would do, I haven't taken much advice for what I'm trying to build up here so it's fairly personal, but I can't afford to lose my connection to climbing when it plays a big part in my life :)


And another thing, I've been helping out a friend (Josh) a little lately and climbing with him more than usual now, and damn he's getting some skill happening! It's such a good motivator to see him progressing so much lately. I don't think I've shouted out so much encouraging and positive words to someone while climbing in a long time, my attitude is changing and I'm liking it! :)


- Aden

No comments:

Post a Comment