Wednesday 15 February 2012

Thank god today is a rest day...

You know you have been training when it hurts to type! Skin a little worse for where today.

Last night was the first fingerboard session and I was pretty happy with how it went.

After feeling stiff and sore at the beginning, I warmed up on a few easy boulders, generated a little pump and got down to it.

In the end I got through the Beginner workout easily, had 15 minutes rest (instead of planned 20) and then failed at end of 7th minute in Intermediate workout - those 20sec hangs on edges killed me!! Lesson learned - stick to the training plan and rest even if you dont think you need it! At least now I have a good point from which to measure improvement.

Managed to complete the push ups, only JUST completing the third set - it's probably the most push ups I have done in a very long time so no suprises I was a little rusty.

On a less boring note, it was great to see everyone so psyched to train at the gym last night! Not only that, but encouraging each other in their respective training regimes rather than hanging shit on each other. Also good to see Aden hasn't lost any strength since injurying his knee cutting laps on things we can't even fathom. Bastard ;)

I'm excited to see where this whole process takes me.. I can already feel some improvement in my body and we are only 2 days in! I will definitely need to keep up the daily stretching and will need to look into some nutritional/recovery products recommended to me.. Might even treat myself to a massage.

Only 2 more sessions for this week and then I'll update the stats!

Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment